The Washington County Water Conservancy District offers programs designed to save home and business owner’s water and money.
A free annual program from May 15 to September 30 that provides participants a recommended efficient sprinkler watering schedule customized for their home or business. Call 435.673.3617 to schedule an appointment.
Water Upon Request
A free program that encourages local restaurants to serve water only to those who request it, saving as much as 1.5 to more than 3 gallons of water per glass. For more information or to participate in the program, complete the following form:
Save the Towel
Local hotels and spas can save water, do less laundry and reduce operating costs by encouraging guests to reuse towels during their stay. For more information or to participate in the program, complete the following form:
Other conservation efforts supported or coordinated by the district include:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense Partner
- Water-smart Rebates
- Time of day watering ordinance
- Increasing water block rate structure
- Impact fee increases with size of irrigated landscape
- Requires water conservation plan from municipal customers
- Canal systems converted to pipelines
- Water-efficient landscape workshops
- Training and certification of landscape professionals
- Demonstration gardens
- Support state designated Water Week
- Participants in Governor’s Water Conservation Team
- Statewide water-wise plant list and tagging program
- Local media campaign
- Statewide “Slow the Flow” media campaign
- Public athletic fields conversion to artificial turf grant program
Call 435.673.3617 for additional information on the district’s many conservation initiatives.